Saturday 3 August 2013

ANOTHER TURN



A chill ran through me and I knew immediately I’ve messed up. I didn’t expect Stella in her stupidity and wickedness to ever call her and tell her anything about me.

I wasn’t going to call Stella again so I decided from that day I wouldn’t lie to Chidinma again. The apologies took a day and we were good to go. We lived happily and cautiously till marriage and also now.  Before this escapade of Diana, I’ve only been very close to cheating and I get home to tell her how I fought temptations all the times and I overcame, but now I’ve been defeated. A regret feeling started taking over my mind. I felt like praying to ask God for forgiveness. The spirit was willing but the flesh was so weak. I tried to sleep but the thoughts of Diana and the sweetness of the sex kept coming to my mind again.

Then I knew if I don’t tell my wife when she comes back I might likely do it again. I called Musa to go buy some things and put in the house. The market has always been his specialty which I despised anyways. N4000 will be enough, he said as I counted the money to give him. With smiles on his face I knew he had something from that. Local markets don’t give receipt and if you doubt him you’ll have to go yourself. 

I fell on the couch feeling like a bad guy and feeling dirty. Sleep was about coming when my phone rang. It was my wife and fear gripped me immediately. Shit, someone have told her, she’s around, what could she have heard. Many thoughts skipped my mind as I picked the call her voice was same but a little tired I guess. 

Me: baby what’s up, how are you? 
My wife: I’m fine dear but a lot tired. We just finished today’s conference. I’m just so tired and I’ve not eaten ……….…and the story goes on for a while 
Me: so what time is your flight tomorrow I asked?
My wife: hmmmm I can’t make coming tomorrow. The governor is asking us to stay four extra days for the commissioning. I feel terrible staying here without you baby.
Me: sorry dear, just bear it. It is well. Its better you’re this relevant at your job than being irrelevant. I just sent Musa to the market to buy…………... and I told her the list.

We talked for a while and ended with I love you dear, which you must reply loudly love you too baby. The line was off and I don’t know if I had relief or I was going bored again.  My loneliness is increasing now but I’m happy I have enough time to clear my head of all the problem attached to the incident that happened. I peeped through the window to check if it was Musa that was opening the gate but saw nobody. I thought I heard the gate opened but didn’t see anyone. I put the TV on like I was expecting DSTV to show anything reasonable. Once premiership is over, TV becomes a tool for news.

 I jumped back on my couch when I heard a knock on my door and said the door is open. Turning to tell Musa that he should just put everything inside the fridge because my wife isn’t coming again, I saw Diana. What’s up, I thought I forgot my phone’s case. Hi I said and with a surprise face and an intriguing look I knew I was seeing an angel she moved closer to me and ……….

No comments:

Post a Comment

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...