Sunday 28 July 2013

Turning to my neighbour contd



Her pitch has always been on the high side and she is obviously a blessing to the choir.  Almost all psalms were chanted by her and gifts flow in every Sunday like father and mother Christmas dwelt in our church. At a time she was the envy of all young girls who made it to church and sit next to their parents. 
The glamour was now more with the beauty she beheld. She was really an evidence heaven would be fun because of the caliber of voices we would hear. Her parents were great people following the normal strength of daddies being engineer and mummy not being anything but a nurse. The generation before us created an avenue for mothers to be at home to take proper care of the children.
 Naomi was that classic example of beauty brewed from morality and home training. Her personality spurns beyond the normal thought of pollution that could be as a result of bad friends but ……. She was a great blood of innocence compared to the spoilt tribe of ladies we experience nowadays. Every parents dream was their child to marry her. She had good grades from nursery through primary and secondary. With a scholarship she got through university still graduating amongst the top ten in her level.
 Psychology posses to be a difficult course but to her it was like a hobby. With all these values around her, she had a different calling. She’s always with the bad crew of girls. She knows how to manage them as if bad company does not really spoil a good heart.
She kept to a man (unlike her friends) who is also my friend and we are waiting on the Lord for the right time for both to say I do. She would never give room for another man to come close to her. Conclusively her decency beats our imagination.
With NYSC over, she is now big enough to go clubbing thus she was part of our crew. She drank a little compared to her friends. Moving her body vehemently you’ll know she’s not used to this life. The frustrating smell of cigarettes was about to spoil her night but dramatically she passed through. The freedom wasn’t her life. Her exposure was limited and I think she was doing this for Kevin.
Kevin feels Naomi isn’t socially active enough. For the fact they both grew up in the same estate he wouldn’t complain much. My conviction to leave a world of loneliness and meditation into alcoholism was a little hard, Naomi’s case was easier. 

They earlier had a quarrel which she didn’t want to spring again. Just a call gave the pass. She was coming but not alone. She had some friends at home with her whom we are not familiar with. Marriage kills your sense of irresponsibility most time. 

When I heard there were two other girls I wasn’t interested until I remembered my wife had travelled. With a smile on my face I knew the night would be wild. Two guys and three girls: what a wonderful combination. Kevin has to stick to his girl friend which means I was the only free person to flirt.

Physically I’m not the most attractive (not ugly), but mentally I can beat my chest to the game. Impressively I dressed for the party night. Kept some money in my pocket and held my ATM card to avoid stories that touch. The drive to her house was without hassles. Following the normal procedures of waiting for a woman to come out, that was five minutes and to my greatest surprise I saw an angel walk behind Naomi. Then I knew my life was about to take a turn………. That was the same reality that walked into my house wearing my Nike shirt and called me BABY and there the problem started.

Turning to my neighbors (contd tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Pep said....i like the suspense, I can't wait to read what happens next

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...