Sunday 25 August 2013

A TRIP TO NOWHERE PART 1



Lost in transit; deceived in person, explicitly managed, punished extremely and loved unconditionally. These were some of the attributes experienced in a relationship, which was a trip to nowhere. It all seemed a just course until the course was lost. The turbulence on the high sea of life became a call to my creator for help. I was deluded in my thoughts, and lost all inner strengths. All I needed to do was to apologize in person, but I was looking for a ghost. This is a true life story about truth and lies, love and deceit, family and friends, life and death. Fasten your seat belt as I take you on a trip.

It was a three hour trip from Ibadan to Ado-Ekiti where I school. I haven’t seen my mum for two years now; she had gone for a course in USA. Reading at old age divides your family I guess. The holiday was a family reunion. Mummy, auntie Bose, Damola (my only sister) she schools in Ghana and my daddy of course; he had always been around, were all in our new GRA house in Ibadan. I was breaking off from home again, and I don’t know when I will see them. I packed all the valuables I’ll need in school, and they were also willing to give as much as possible. My intellectual capabilities have really improved since the last time we saw, and my reports shows that I’m a true son of my father.

Challenge bus stop is the popular place to take a bus to school, but this time around I was driving to school. I have been given a small Toyota corolla to convey me from my off campus house to school. My booth was full, also my back seat. Prayers and psalms were chanted for like thirty minutes, and advices were bulkily given. I complained about none of it; I was only inpatient, as I was being delayed in my new adventure of manhood. I’m having a car to myself. The reputation I’m about to build surpasses all the jargons I was listening to. And in a short while, I was off to school. I was given a box of candy and chocolate bars outnumbered eighty. I was going to stock my house, and now I have a car to move around; it was obvious my job was half done.

I hit the express, and I started my trip to nowhere. The whole fun would soon be over but I never knew. I stopped to fill up my tank, following daddy’s instruction and pulling out from the gas station, I heard someone asking or a lift to Ekiti. I thought I heard Ado-Ekiti; not knowing it was Ikere Ekiti. Ikere is the city before ado Ekiti thus, I wasn’t doing much of a favour I was just dropping her off the road and getting myself a company also on the lonely drive.

The sun has deceived my sight, I thought she was just a normal girl when I stopped, but when she entered inside the car I saw a clearer version: the spotless laps from the short skirt she was wearing, the little exposed cleavage, and the joggling capabilities of the succulent  …… and facially she was all I needed. My countenance changed, and it now seems she was doing me a favour. She was fairer than fair, not too tall, had natural long hairs and spoke impeccably in English. I also tuned into my Ajebutter mode.

Hi, my name is Remi, I’m Tolani she said. The drive was supposed to be smooth, but not with this girl beside you. I tried to concentrate as I offered her everything I was offered, while leaving my house. What are you going to Ekiti for I asked? She told me she schools there. I school there too, and we have only one university, which means we are in the same school. She said she was in the college of education. And what are you studying I asked; business studies. Oh that’s lovely I said.
Where do you live, as in parents?
Ilorin, Kwara state
Quite a distance to come to a college of education in Ekiti state
Do they rate colleges also I guess, and who wants to be a teacher again.
Our parents were deceived into teaching as if it was the best profession then, but our generation we are mostly accountants and the rest.
The jokes were flowing, same with snickers and mars.
I tried to sing along with the tape player in my car anytime I lost control over conversations. She noticed I guess but was just too reserved to react. 

It was two hours thirty minutes and I’m about to drop this particular Tolani in her school, without a means of seeing her again. This year there was no GSM, it was strictly email, and visiting. With my car the trip was just thirty minutes. But there must be an assurance and invitation. Politely I approached her once more: Tolani what if you just come over to my place in school, to know a little more about me, and then tomorrow I’ll drop you back in school; just to solidify our friendship you know. She touched my laps as she said: Remi let’s make it another time now. I insisted a little and she said she had to drop her things in her hostel first before coming with me. We got to the hostel in some minutes and I was mostly favoured. Her roommate hasn’t returned. There was no means for her to enter the room. Off to my house in Ado Ekiti. Now it’ a win-win position. She had no choice I thought and only thirty minutes drive will determine my fate of this beautiful lady in my arms. 



We settled for the continuation of the journey, and then she asked me the question: do you have a girlfriend? Why say the truth for an affair not taking you anywhere. I’m just infatuated to her, not loving her. I might even not feel anything for her any longer after having sex I thought, and the strict answer that flowed in  my speech was : no I don’t.

Are you sure? I turned to her in real assurance, and with a tone of vexation, asking her if she thought I could be telling her lies. I’m serious baby, I don’t have.
She looked at me and asked do you…. I cut her short as I parked the car. It was a lonely place on the highway. I looked at her and told her all the lies in the world to convince a woman, and politely asked her to be my girlfriend. I denied everybody I’ve known, and swore to my seriousness and sincerity to her. She bent her head close to mine, and slowly like a professional, gave me a French kiss. That was the beginning of the TRIP TO NOWHERE…….

12 comments:

  1. lol @with car your job is half done

    ReplyDelete
  2. tobi: did he have an accident at last

    ReplyDelete
  3. eseosa: pls where is the continuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. my first time here nice one

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i tell you my own story to help publish

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can send your stories to ijasanw@gmail.com. We'll edit it before publishing. We don't use real names and locations. Others have trusted us; you can also thanks.

    The storyteller

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, is part 2 coming out today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @habib and my other readers: the quest for part 2 coming out today is now very high. We'll be on point just stay connected and check the site by 6pm

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope it was not u sha..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is how it starts oh. The lies start pouring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...