Saturday 31 August 2013

A TRIP TO NOWHERE PART 6



We almost lost all hope, but with my mum faith was a constant. My dad was dragged into this, and he suggested a white garment church. My auntie frowned at that, believing we should go back to the man in Ijebu, who recommended another person for us. Two days later we were there to see the man, and he described how to locate the more powerful colleague of his in spiritual matters.
This friend of his practically lives inside the bush, as we parked on the road and had to trek up to a kilometer to get to his rickety place of abode. It was stinking and extremely fetish. The way mumsy was so comfortable with the whole parole made me start suspecting her. Jumoke didn’t come along on this trip; she was at home. The old man asked me to narrate the whole story to him which I did. He went further by asking if she left with any of my clothes or belongings that could represent me. I bluntly told him no, except I don’t know what she left with. The man explained the situation as “shadow designs”. They are using your spirit to fight you and the only solution is an apology to this goddess. The man explained who Tolani was, and told us she had appeared to him before we came. I started feeling cold immediately. Baba said she is not possessed; she is a spirit. At this point, the fact I haven’t eaten in two days didn’t matter any longer, I just needed a way out.
He promised to get back to us in three days. He also said we should bring Jumoke when coming as she has a role to play in all the drama to come. It took forever for three days to come as days were slow and nights slower. We intensified the prayer life we lived, and pursued spirituality from all aspects. Mumsy had employed pastors and imam to pray on a constant basis, but a disaster struck in our house. My dad had a ghastly accident a night before we were supposed to go see Baba. He had tried to dodge a shadowlike person who suddenly appeared in front of his car while he was driving. He ran into a ditch but didn’t suffer much injury.



 

My auntie suddenly fell sick and the atmosphere was becoming unpleasant for the trip. The pastor told us Tolani is at work, and nothing should stop us from going further. He saved my ass a little by telling them this was an attack on the family and not just me, but we should go and meet the old man. I didn’t know pastors and herbalists work together. Baba was waiting when we got there and he called forward Jumoke and prayed for her rendering many incantations. She vomited a black thing, which Baba said was implanted during all the attempts I’ve made. This black thing would never make her pregnant in this life, he said. That lady you offended is ready for you.
The spirit of Tolani came to give you wealth, health, riches, success in all aspects, Baba said, but she was bitter with the way you treated her. He gave us a powder  to rub on our faces when going for the next search, and told us to get twenty naira as mush as a bundle, to give to the less privileged.
We all had breakfast as a family, and Jumoke has not recovered from the shock of something being inside of her. Baba had told us we shouldn’t come close to ourselves again, except we’ve apologized to Tolani. The final trip was that morning and Jumoke wouldn’t even sit close to me at the dining table. She suddenly became so far from me .I looked like a disease to her but all would soon be over, I told her. We proceeded on a journey to Ekiti state again. We were not in a hurry as we were sure there was success this particular time. When we got to her hostel we saw the same ugly friend. She was happy seeing us: because she knew money would exchange hands again. She didn’t allow us ask before she asked us if we saw Tolani just now.
Where did she pass?
Where did she go to?
Probably I didn’t know her again I guess.
We begged her to come with us, as we drove to the round about where she could get a cab to wherever she was going. We shared the powder again, and rubbed it on our faces, looking like packaged masquerades. When we got to the junction, Tolani’s friend saw another friend of theirs and asked of Tolani; the friend said she forgot something in the hostel thus she just went back now. Are we waiting for her here or pursuing her to the hostel. My dad said we are going back to the hostel and slowly, with all concentration of all faces we were searching for the goddess. A small Nissan sunny was parked on the other side of the road which suddenly caught my attention. I told the driver to stop and pointed to the car. Behold Tolani was inside the car, waiting for other passengers to fill up the car, before they move and in her hands was a bible.
She knew we were coming; she dropped from the cab and walked into a restaurant close by as we moved close. We were cautioned not to create a scene in the apology. She turned and faced the door as we entered the restaurant and she commanded, everybody should leave apart from me and Jumoke. We both begged her, as she started crying saying she never wanted to forgive me, that I may be an example for other people. You don’t treat women like shit when you meet them. All I was resounding was yes ma. She gave me back one of my pictures and ended the conversation with “go it is well” and she walked out without talking to anyone afterwards. Jumoke wasn’t ready to be used as a tool of checking again but for the first time in nine months, I had an erection and a successful penetration.
I forgot many incidences while writing this; Jumoke had to remind me of what happened. We are successfully married now and I can swear I had never known any other woman and probably would never know.
Brothers, there are many Tolanis out there. Stay focused and don’t be a player …….

8 comments:

  1. Yes ma, Yes ma, Yes ma. Hahahahaha. You humble by force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh! Preach it! Tell dose so calld players called guys..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that u have learnt ur lesson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tank God u v learnt ur lesson i am so appi for u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell them ooooo!! Brothers una hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm. What a story. Hmmm yoruba girls, avoid them ooo. Damboroba make she try am po hausa man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I can't stop laughing... Serious and funny story. May God help us all*
    Jey*

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...