Sunday 23 February 2014

HOW I WISH? PART 3




Now the whole world was crumbling on me. I tried to wake up fully in expectations of the truth that I didn’t know what I’m doing or so. Then two of the guys showed me their ID cards that they work with secret service. It was getting a lot more uncomfortable to be a joke. I made a trip from Abuja to Benin to see a friend and now it all sounds like I’m a criminal who doesn't know what he is doing. I stood up to challenge them and they demanded to see a means of identification. I brought out my international passport and it was my name and someone else’s face. Then the problem escalated. 

I was dragged into their van and straight to the SSS office. The questions were confusing during interrogation. I told them I flew in and the next thing we found out was I came from Lagos to Benin through the road. The bus ticket with which I boarded was found with me. I was loosing my mind and there was no way to explain. I didn’t understand what was happening any longer. They brought out a file and asked if I knew the faces of the people there and I said yes I know one. There I saw Aisha’s face and I told them she was the person that invited me. The officers looked at themselves and laughed. I was left inside the cold dark room for almost twelve hours and when next they showed up I was waned beyond repairs. 

Now officer 1 said: Aisha died like two weeks ago in that hotel and that same room we met you. I lodged into the room two days ago against the one night I thought I’ve spent in the room. I was calling Aisha’s name while sleeping and that was the reason the receptionist had to force herself into the room to check what was happening. I was being set up; but for what? Everything I knew was different from the truth of what they said. I became psychologically unstable until I told them I knew Aisha’s house that she once took me there.  Reluctantly they allowed me take them to the so called house that I knew and when I got there everyone was mourning. A guy walked outside and started screaming my name saying what else I wanted. That I’ve killed her sister and what am I coming back to their house for. The mum came out and gave me a loud bite on my hand like she wanted to pull the flesh out. The officers stepped into the situation to save me and they explained who they are and why they are there. At this point I started crying and was asking myself if I really killed Aisha or what? I’ve lost all sense of reality. I felt like disappearing but they wouldn’t let me go. 

Now all I had left was God but I can’t even pray in this kind of situation. I didn’t know what was happening to me. Love has brought me this far and now I’m both a rapist and a murderer in a town I know no one. I asked for my phone to place a call to my business partner in Abuja as I claimed. Immediately his number was called; a police officer picked up the phone and asked who I was. I told him I wanted to talk with Arnold and he replied Arnold is in Area G command for kidnapping. I told the officer it was impossible. I left him in Abuja yesterday and how come he was in a police station in Lagos. The SSS collected the phone from me and after a short conversation; he started moving towards me with rage in his face.  Now I concluded I was mad. I tried to act it out, but the slap from the officer was good, that it woke me up.

I was sweating profusely when I woke up. There was no light but the whole atmosphere was bright. I have overslept. I struggled out of bed and walked into my bathroom to clean myself up. I was thinking of the dream I just had and wondered how scary that was. I felt a little bit of pain on my hand where Aisha’s mum bite me and when I looked at the same spot I saw marks of someone’s teeth. It became scarier and that moment my phone rang. It was Aisha and the first thing she said when I picked up the phone was “it was a scary dream right”…………….

4 comments:

  1. Some scary story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just getting more n more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehehehe for a sec I didn't feel my heart beat.... nice tho*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...