Monday 2 September 2013

THE ADVENTURES OF A SEXY COLONEL'S WIFE PART1





When we hear the word military, most times what comes to our mind, is that strong rigid fellow who has the ability of fighting as much enemies as possible, trained under severe discipline, and respecter of orders. But the truth lies in the fact that outside these traits they possess lay a softhearted person, who can easily be manipulated by a woman. They stand no chance of discipline when it comes to sex. The whole brigand of armies in the world are controlled in these vain of love for their wives, but most of them just live because of their children and little tolerance. The bitter truth again is the fact that many people don’t know what goes on with spouses of military men, because they aren’t there with us. Months pass by without even a hug, and nobody to talk to. Only when he calls do you have to share the whole experiences of what you are going through with him, and he is always in a hurry. I got some relief in the hands of others, and most times the approaches come from senior military personnel.  But with this confession I’m about to make, you’ll know there is another side to what everybody is seeing.

Colonel Guyu would never rise beyond the position of colonel; either I kill him, or I report and expose him so well, that he is dismissed. The man I once loved has turned me to a different kind of animal, who has lost her conscience on the basis of deceit, hatred, betrayal, frustration, injustice, disrespect name it. This man did everything to me, and I will revenge either now or very soon. 

I am a military wife who has cheated on her husband many times when he was deployed or on a mission. I never saw it coming, as I really pledged my loyalty and faithfulness to my family, but I wasn’t lectured on how it would turn out to be before I got myself fully involved in the marriage. I don’t even worry myself so much about the physical cheating; it’s the distance that erodes the sense it’s the two of us against the world…… that feeling I’m not alone in that concern that kills me most. 

If I have to trace back the events that finally led to our first meeting, it is amazing to discover that our paths crossed many times before we were formally introduced to ourselves. We had grown up in the same state, but different neighborhood. Both parents are elites in the state, thus they were friends. As he told me later on, I was just a small kid then with a pimple like kind of breast, believing in puppy love with mates in school, because I had nothing to flaunt. Being a runner up in the most beautiful girl in Nigeria contest exposed me to the reality of beauty, and the powers that lie in my person. In all of these, I never thought Stephen Guyu would be the man I will end up with at the altar.

I was a chief bride’s in a military wedding. My friend Susan has since run away from her wedding based on extreme infidelity. Susan had been married to Stephen’s colleague. I wasn’t in support of the relationship thus I was actually coerced into playing the chief brides role, but I would do anything for my friend. It was a serene environment with caution from even an onlooker. The best man was Stephen: then he was withdrawn and polite. I loved his discipline and dexterity. He was just different from all the sort of men I’d ever met, and the smartness from his ceremonial wear that day, drew me closer to him. The military is the most illusory people in the world. A man you cannot measure his entirety, even if you live with him for a century. I had started a conversation with him during the unexciting sermon and there was the click. He told me his family name, and we knew the two families had something in common. He later on told me how he had always known me. We exchanged numbers after the occasion and honestly, I slept with my husband the first night we met. He was fun even when he kept quiet. All I wanted was to be with him. I confidently could walk anywhere in Nigeria; you dare not oppress me. If military could kill for themselves, they’ll crucify for a military’s spouse.  I lost consciousness of the real world, and all I could think of was the Mariams the Stellas, the Daisys…. They are authorities in this world, and I would be like them one day I thought. All these reflections had been cut down by the activities that followed.

He proposed to me at an officer’s mess, and all officers stood up in congratulations. He was a 2nd lieutenant then, and all those senior officers had come back afterward, to have their share of the congratulations they exclaimed that day.  The military is a union bigger than you. Nobody breaks them, they can only break you. You follow rules and regulations, and that was one of those were reasons I thought I had a better leverage than every normal woman out there but it made a mistake. I was getting into a trap. 

Our marriage was greeted by various chiefs in the armed forces, coupled with political associates of my father. I had also started mingling with chiefs and Alhajis also, who wanted a beauty queen to satisfy their sexual egos. They were all present. The newspapers were full of us and everybody wanted to be in those shoes we were stepping into. Until now, they thought it was all well. Our honeymoon was in Johannesburg. We had all the time in the world to ourselves. The hotels we slept will never forget us. He had made me know, he is really a man of steel. In a couple of days he has pumped the military blood inside of me and in a couple of months I was heavy with child.

It was an ideal relationship until his boss was unhappy with a particular performance as he reported and he was transferred from Kaduna to rivers state. That was the beginning of my tedium. The truth is the family can’t just relocate. The assignment seemed a month transfer, but it ended up in seventeen months. He had no permanent residence; they were just fighting the militants. I lost our baby when I slipped off the wet floor and I had to handle these whole issues alone. I was treated in the military hospital. He was allowed to come back for four days and afterwards he returned. I have stayed five months without my husband, in an assignment of two weeks. I missed him exceptionally, I didn’t know what to do, I was bored, I’ve lost all friends and the quarters is not a place everyone is comfortable coming to greet you, thus I started building up new friends. A captain walked to our residence one day, like he was sent to question me on how I was coping with the absence of my husband. I covered up a while but afterwards started pouring out my mind to him. We became close and I told Stephen but he disregarded it and there lies the first other side of the story …….. my security was now in the arms of Captain George

7 comments:

  1. Why is your grammar so poor? Your stories are okay. But the grammar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy can you do any better? Pls spear us you habajaba MONKEY!

      Delete
  2. Captain George well done oooo...hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work on your grammar pls .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Der is notin rong wif d grammar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr grammar, we also see dis errors nd pass, it doesn't mean we're stupid but there re better ways of doing things. If u feel ur grammar is way above this den stop reading it.

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...