Tuesday 6 August 2013

WHAT OTHER TURN



I felt condemned to death, I needed to disappear, I didn’t know what to say, I started to sweat profusely and thought to myself: should I push her outside or rewind the world to correct this errors?  My mind started roaming as she pushed her way inside the sitting room asking of Musa because the gate was left open. I couldn’t answer I was stunned beyond control. I politely moved away from the door and started towards the gate. I opened the gate and heard a shout from my sitting room. I knew my wife has started her Jackie Chan moves. In my mind I knew Diana would die today, cheating on chidinma’s husband is a taboo that even the devil knows.

I was outside the gate and effortlessly I got a bike, stopped it and told the bike man to just keep moving. I didn’t know where I was going to but I knew wherever it is I was going is better than staying in that house. Shortly I got to Kevin’s house and saw also barrister Osaze, our very good friend. I narrated the story and they told me I messed up. Was I supposed to stop my wife from entering her house or tell Diana to get out of my house or deny not knowing how she entered the house? I wasn’t interested in their story, all I was interested in was ……… really nothing. My mind was heavy but blank without solutions, the whole fun and highness and club was as a result of my stupidity. Once more I felt so bad I turned away from God at the first instance. 

Barrister agreed going to my house to calm the situation down. I looked at him and laughed in his angelic approach. I stayed back in Kevin’s house smoking profusely like a chimney. I relocated to the back of the house for smoking purposes and all alone I knew I had nowhere to turn to again.

I tried to control myself from crying but thinking on how my life is depreciating so quickly I cannot but roll tears off my eyes. I hated every instance of enjoyments I realized when my wife travelled. Diana suddenly meant devil to me. I have done wrong; I am a sinner I tried asking God for forgiveness as I threw away the Benson and hedges I was smoking, and then I heard a rush from the gate I tried to peep to know if my wife had followed them but it wasn’t anything near that. It was the next compound that all these were happening. I called Kevin to know the situation in the house, he refused to pick. I called Musa to find out if he was at home, he didn’t pick the first time and the second time he picked and said; oga kai madam don kill the other aunty o. kill or beat, haaaa her head don break. I asked of my friends and he said they are trying to hold her. What of the girl now I asked and the line went off. 

It was two hours before Kevin got home, with stains of blood on his shirt and acting like energy was drained from him, he started the narration; Jude, your wife is so broken. She had cried so well, she feels naked and the useless Diana started mentioning my name and Osaze’s name. She automatically concluded we were in the whole act together. She has called her mum and your dad and your auntie and nieghbours have entered your compound. Her boss is the house right now and police has been called to arrest Diana. You have really made a fool of this Jude. When did Diana come back? You always not satisfied that is your problem. See what it has caused now. Suddenly my phone rang and I jumped up to see an unknown number calling me, I picked slowly to hear the voice first if I would respond and the person said hello is this Jude? ……….. Yes I said, this is Rev Fr Thomas. I think you need to come home now…………

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm always interesting, I mean always...




    Mide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, interesting can't wait for more:-/. Lmao but Chidinma na warrior sha.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WILLIAMS: THIS DUDE IS FINISHED. NEVER TO GO BACK HOME

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...