Tuesday 22 July 2014

DECISIONS 2





The same shock I went through was now being exposed to everyone at home. Everyone asked questions like I knew the answer until they turned to Helen to tell them if it was really true. She narrated the story again and again until the conviction was grand. I started hating Desmond from that moment but would I call off my wedding I’ve been planning for six months off because I knew he got a woman pregnant?  What if she was telling a lie? I kept a part of me in that denial of she might be telling a lie. After a while we were all convinced about her story and it was time to summon the culprit in this whole saga. Uncle Ben told me to call Desmond and put the phone on speaker. I should behave I never knew something was wrong and stylishly invite him to the house to face Helen and the truth would be known at that point.

I dialed his number after so much composure and he smoothly started the conversation again. I asked how his day had been and he started the whole jargon session of hi being at the fashion house where he is adjusting his shirt for the wedding. He had gone to the photographer to finalize on locations for after wedding shooting. He had also paid the travel agency for honeymoon in Zanzibar. All these took my mind out of what I was supposed to do until I was pinched by my mum telling me I had to invite him. 

I waited for him to be done as I told him I wanted him to come to the house to see something I just got. He was hesitant a little as he asked what I wanted to show him. I brought out the femininity in me with tones of conviction and he promised he was going to be with me in less than an hour. I was about ending the call when I heard his hello again. I pulled backwards to listen again and he said there was something he wanted to tell me. I relaxed as he continued….

Desmond: it’s four days to our wedding baby and sincerely there is something I need to tell you. I never wanted to tell you before because I didn’t believe in it that much but I was convinced lately. Although I have taken care of that side of it being a problem but I think I should let you know. When I was in my final year in the university; you remembered one girl I told you we were dating called Freda. We were pretty close at that moment but it was with caution and I knew it wasn’t anything more than university love thus I was so protective. She wasn’t so sure about me so one particular day she set me up with her very close friend. It was a friend’s birthday party and I had a lot to drink. I was so high that I couldn’t remember what happened afterwards but top my surprise I saw myself naked on my bed the next day lying beside a lady. I struggled to open my eyes fully to comprehend what was happening and to my greatest surprise it was Freda’s friend. I snapped into reality and woke her up. She acted like it was consented but when I showed how angry I was she adjusted. It was during our final exams that she told me she was pregnant. I thought she was joking until I came back from UK six months ago and saw the boy was just a copy of me.

When mum heard this she fainted

No comments:

Post a Comment

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...