Thursday 22 August 2013

THE SECRET PAINS OF A PROSTITUTE PART 5







It was at the close of the celebration that the manager of the restaurant called my attention. He bent beside me, saying some things I didn’t understand. The management wants to join you in celebrating, thus we are offering you a 5% discount, on all things bought here today. I told him casually to tell my boyfriend. He asked who he was; and as I turned to show him, Peter was on his knees with a ring “will you be my wife”. I was scared more than shocked. My sight was on Engr Philip, who gave a wink. I accepted, as tears rolled down my eyes. The glory was much as everybody clapped and the congratulations rolled in humorous ways. Different names was I called that night: iyawo, amariya, mummy, twins’ mama, e.t.c but my fear lies in what will Philip tells his brother. Everybody was obviously happier than me, but I concealed the fear within.  

Two days later, I was in Philips office. Wearing the longest gown on earth, and tying my hair. I looked deeper life in nature. All I missed was a Bible. I waited a while, before the secretary told me to enter. I greeted him in all respect, as he told me to sit. He faced his laptop as if he was setting a webcam to record what we are about saying, but I couldn’t complain because I was at his mercy.  Beatrice, how are you doing? I’m fine sir. I called you to see me because I need to be sure of some things. Peter is practically my favourite brother, all through his study in the United Kingdom and when he came back, we have been very close. I don’t want any issues from you to rob off on him. All that happened between us, must be a thing of the past. And I believe you have also learnt to stop all those habits. I said yes sir. The thank you was much, as he only called to advice me. My peace has been restored. He prayed with me and I left. Now I can eat, it’s three o clock and the fasting is over.



Arranging for a wedding is one of the hardest things on earth. From printing of invitation, to the purchase and spread of aso ebi, to photographer and camera man, arrangement of venue and decorations, picking of your colours and cake decorator, you might just forget you’ve not called MC and souvenirs must be branded well.

 The whole arrangement of food was left for mumsy, and peter’s parent’s to handle, but we had to deal with the purchase of our wedding gown and suit. I have ordered for my gown through a bridal’s here in Abuja, but would take 2 weeks for it to arrive. Adjustments are most likely necessary.  He ordered for his suit in UK, and some of his friends would bring it. Peter’s sister (Perpetual) was the best friend I had this period. She was always available. 

It took some time for the reverend father to accept the readings; corrections were made over and over like it wasn’t the bible we copied it from. The whole stress of marriage class was jumped, with mumsy’s influence. My bridal train had six girls. The only person on my train that existed from my past was Deborah. She is now born again and focused. She prayed with me for the success of this day, and I pitied her because she does not even have a toaster, not to talk of boyfriend. He also arranged six guys for his own. I know only one of them. Some aren’t even in the country. 

I thought of changing my phone lines. My good is close, and my past is fast approaching again. People I never wanted to remember started calling me. I tried to piss everyone off to stop disturbing me. Sincerely I have dropped all bad habits. I needed a family of my home, where I can raise Godly children, and teach them the things of the kingdom. The closer I was to the wedding day, the closer I was to my doom. The traditional and the white have been arranged to be held the same day. Traditional in the morning, and white afterwards. The traditional was in a garden close to my house in Wuse, while church wedding was at Holy Cross Catholic Church.

Reservations have been made in many hotels, and drinks have been bought in quantities. We have five days to go and to the best of my knowledge, just the program is left. Prayer warriors were employed in the two houses, to keep the day a beautiful one. We were both loved and cherished in our houses. I have good in-laws, and I would be the best daughter in-law they can ever have. The modesty I portray now, was without blemish. I can cook more than a restaurant, wake up early, pray like a mantis and feel free to correct me; I’m at your mercy

Engr Philip gave us two hundred thousand to support the wedding. The chief of staff gave us an all expense paid trip to Johannesburg for honeymoon. Gift started rolling in, and money was in excess. I gave my husband almost all the money that was coming to expose my loyalty. We were bonded, and the day was set. My Aso Ebi girls were with me, and Perpetual also. I hardly eat nowadays, but I was forced to eat 2 slices of bread before going for rehearsals in church. My mum’s driver dropped us off at the church to come back later. His driver went to the airport to pick his friends. One was best man, and two other groom’s men. They just came back to Nigeria or so. The happiness was one of them was holding our wedding ring. I have seen the picture though, but can’t wait to wear it. In two days time status would change, and the whole uncertainty would be a thing of the past. 

The holdup was much I guess, because we got back home and the driver wasn’t at home. My aunties have arrived and uncles. Dialects were flowing and everybody was forming busy. Caterers were frying meat on a steady and everywhere had been turned to a store. He was only waiting for his driver so he can leave.  The horn from his car called everyone’s attention. Outside the compound was full of well wishers thus he wanted to park inside the compound. He walked out to meet his friend who could travel into Nigeria for their friend’s wedding. Even my mum wanted to meet them. I and Deborah walked behind them, to see the guys and pulling the curtains aside to look outside it was Abdul, Humphrey and ……….  He said, baby meet my friends.

7 comments:

  1. Her own don finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big big big problem ČŠ̝̊̅̄ wish all could just end! Awwww! Suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eya!! Poor her. I knew something like this would happen. And she was even foolish enough not to tell him of her past & now it has caught up with her. The wedding is over

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha lmfao :D... After 'Praying like a mantis'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where Davido ooh... See plenty 'Gobe'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeehhhhhh!!!!!....e don bizzle

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Death bed entry"...could there be a way outta Dis? Naaa..its hard to see one mehn!!

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...