Sunday 18 August 2013

DIARY OF A SINGLE LADY PART 10




I picked up strength seeing Lawrence, with tears in his eyes, there was a reassurance of love he has for me.
Why did you deny me in the presence of your parents?
Why was I so humiliated?
Why would I have to abort the child and now you are back here begging?
He suddenly rose to his feet and fell into shock. I was the patient but now he was. I and Angela carried him and put him into stability.
Tracy I’m sorry. I caused all these….. I didn’t know I loved you this much, so I told my mum to check if your resilience could go a long way into the family we intend building.
I’m not “AS” I’m “AA”

Why, noooo, why… why would you Lawrence? Now I was in pains.
I lost my child, lost my relationship, just on the basis of testing trust and resilience.
With all vexation I told him Lawrence: leave my house.
He was trying to apologize and my hand went for the flower vase close to me but it missed him.
He ran out … and the next six weeks, were weeks of apology.
I can forgive Lawrence but not the mother.
The mother came to my house at the peak of apology but she came with the edge of mother in law again. Her sight became so disgusting that I held myself back so well, else I would have insulted her.
Auntie Feza. Lawrence Archuje is my husband and no one can fill up his space in my life. My dream and aspirations is him and I would just be telling myself a lie believing one boy that sag his trouser will come with one end of discussion to tell me stories. I have been placed in high places; dined with governors and ministers; travelled in diplomatic routes; chauffeured in the best of cars and welcomed by the utmost of butlers; I wouldn’t end it up being relegated to the mercy of a divorcee at your house.
My mum stepped into the kitchen: that is the pride I’m talking about… you cannot be this, you cannot be that. There is glory in little beginnings my friends. Any woman who doesn't bring herself down, cannot be elevated by her husband.
I hate my mum’s tone of regret, she sounds like the Holy Spirit. Like she was there in the beginning and she knows everything. After her little rant, she left us alone, and Auntie Feza asked me the best question in the world. Is Lawrence marred now? I’m not sure again, but as at last four months, he wasn’t. And his wedding cannot be silent, so I can say, he’s not. Do you still have his number? 0807567273 I gave in a rush.
I wasn’t sure if I wanted him, it’s close to three years now but the memories are still fresh. I listened as Auntie Feza started the conversation. In thirty seconds the call went off and I knew he has moved on with life. What do you expect? The only man that has made me know my worth now sees me worthless. I started losing confidence, and beliefs of humility as a better virtue started growing in my mind. My phone rang instead of auntie Feza. Hello and on the other side I heard hi, I’m Lawrence please can I come see you? I said yes and the line went off
I looked at Auntie Feza and asked her what she had done, she said I didn’t do anything, I just told him you are my niece, and you’ll love to express yourself to him. Fear was introduced a little, because I don’t know how to face Lawrence again. I knew we’ve both been wrong and I wondered what he was coming to do. I rushed into the bathroom, to look at least nice seeing him again. It took him like 45 minutes to get to my house and his entrance was with arrogance and strength. He walked through the sitting room into my room and opened the door without knocking. With a straight face he walked towards me, and pulled me close to himself. Looking into my eyes, I melted into his arms as he closely gave me “THE KISS” and happiness was restored into my life. Auntie Feza and my mum had planned with Lawrence. They just wanted to know if I was still interested in the relationship. He brought out the same ring he proposed with the other day, and with the same leg he knelt, and asked me to marry him.
Yes I’ll marry you I yelled and our wedding is in two weeks, you are all invited
Being single is not a disease, nor is it a status you are to be ashamed of. Believe in yourself and know the right man for you. People thought making money before getting married would deny you, my sister it’s a lie, it only raises your standard. Don’t fall a prey into the arms of the wrong broke gold diggers and dream ruiners called guy. Follow your heart, pursue your dream, pray harder and one day you’ll write your own diary. My name is Tracy Aghawo but would soon be Mrs. Tracy Archuje……..
The end.
Tomorrow starts another series: the secret pains of a prostitute
Stay connected…..

9 comments:

  1. Kip up d gud work...Can't wait for d next series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooowww, pls don't stop writing... Explore your talent and it would bring you greatness on a platter of gold! Pls keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! Pls whr is d venue for d weddn o ? #smiles#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Them go wait tire with age be dat. How many percent of dem dey without husband?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely story. Got me beaming with smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww,does it ve to end,feel like reading it on and on.
    this is a really nice one.kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mzleez Of Vantage Photography22 August 2013 at 06:20

    Hehehheehe...the wedding is in two weeks......enuf time for me to call Lawrence....*dialing his number*

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...