Tuesday 13 August 2013

DIARY OF A SINGLE LADY PART 5





Worrisome, suddenly I felt I wasn’t supposed to be here. Osahon’s sister greeted her obokhian (welcome) as she approached. She looked at me and hissed as she walked pass us. Oshaon’s sister asked me if I knew her cousin before, which I denied because that was the first thing that came to my mind. I needed to leave the house immediately but why am I leaving? Lots of thought roam my mind but I know that day must pass.

Osahon walked back with his cousin and the interrogation started. He called me as he walking closer to us and I answered him. He asked me with an annoying tone if I knew his cousin and I said yes. This time I was ready for anything that was coming. He asked what the relationship between me and his cousin was and I told him to ask the cousin. He said I disrespected him with the tone and approach and I told him I’ve never been degraded like what he is doing to me right now. Standing me up and sitting with his cousin to interrogate me.

Eghosa was Nnamdi’s best friend; everybody thought they were dating until Eghosa started dating Fred. The school is a big society but any clique you fall into becomes part of you and it seems you knew everyone. I hated men after Femi’s incidence, all I did was academics. I tried covering up for times I missed and after him, close to seven months this guy finally caught my attention.
Prior to him when a guy says hi, it sounds like an insult to me. I knew they were not to be trusted so there was no need to listen at all. I polished my person that people felt I was a snub. I had strictly female friends and suddenly I discovered everybody knew about guys but me. Anyway I’ve had my share.

Nnamdi stays in B quarters, so I see him almost every day on my way to Ekosodin. He is an Igbo boy that grew up in Lagos thus his behaviour was not that conc. Onitsha boy’s behaviour. He was cream to a point and had the swag for any lady want to sit in his front seat. We became close at the detriment of many other girls including Eghosa. I took their position in his life without accepting to date him. The guy was dying for me but I’ll rather come to his burial than date him. He was my ATM, my driver, a shoulder I can lay on, my cafeteria, in short once I need it they are there with Nnamdi’s name. I was really considering him for the future but he came too early. And this season, I was building back my virginity that has been destroyed by that devil called Femi. Eghosa has seen me many a times in Nnamdi’s room, in different position and postures that are incriminating, but all those were to pursue those girls. Those memories were what she was reporting to her cousin. She said I use men and dump them and coincidentally I haven’t slept with his brother. He has just been doing good things for me which I didn’t demand anyway.

In front of his cousin and his sister he started the questioning once again, this time I carried my bag and I told him I was leaving. He asked if I was walking out of him….. This conversation is over to the best of my knowledge. If you lack respect for ladies, go learn it and come back. As I dashed to the gate, his sister ran towards me and held me begging me not to leave or rather we should go together. I told her not to worry, that she should call me for us to see the next day.
At this point I started thinking about how to overcome this jinx of not getting the right guy. I was bored, had just one course to graduate, had no business I was doing, can’t just go home and seat then I told myself I need  a single’s church and three churches came to my mind
·         Citizens of heaven
·         Church unusual
·         Firm foundation 

They are the popular young people’s church and next Sunday caught up with me in JBS estate GRA Benin city for the wonderful worship in church unusual. It was really an unusual service, all the pastors prayed for future partners as if they were expecting me. I even sowed a seed that day. It was the third Sunday of attending when I saw Lawrence. Auntie asked: the same Lawrence, yes the same one you know. So you met him in a church? Yes o auntie. He came for a conference in Benin that spanned into the next week so he came to church and that has been the closest to marriage until can of worms were opened at both sides.

Lawrence was the only child of his parents. His father is a billionaire and his mother is looking for a queen to help manage his only son. It looked rosy outside but auntie what I went through with Lawrence, even Mother Theresa wouldn’t go through it. It was pleasure and pain all the way and till today mummy feels I’m not just subjective to men and that no woman survives marriage without being subjective to her husband. Everyman wants to marry a wife not a slave. How can I go through school for five years, graduate with a second class upper to end it up at the mercy of one man’s pride and ego. Lawrence learned boxing in Birmingham when he was schooling so he likes practicing at home and I …………..

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy has gone through enough buh it will definately make her stronger and wiser...Church unusual wud have happened her spiritual eyes buhwaz she really ready? Hmmmmn..Interesting....Castro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one wole, trust me I have been with a lady like tracy, and the kind of ladies we have in naija these days sees their husbands like an advasary, and relationship or marriages now feels like a competition,they just can't be subjective,we as eligible bachelors all we want is a level headed gurl to go home to after work,sm1 who would noitice when u aren't fine and just wants to make things easier for u and not harder, a sane man should understand ladies av eveloved in this 21st century and we can't be a dictator like our fathers and grand fathers were to their wife of wives,we know we even have to bend lower than our fathers did to make our relationships work ,the likes of tracy and rekiya should be able to tolerate a few shortcoming but all they want is a guy dat has no flaws... Forgetting no one has it all.... We shall celebrate their 40th birthday with them in their father's house... Fash

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...