Sunday 11 August 2013

DIARY OF A SINGLE LADY PART 4





I didn’t respond the first time, the voice asked again, please is this Tracy, I said yes confidently. She continued, I’m Paulina, Bunmi’s friend. I just want to let you know he has seen the invitation card you left on his system and he is so broken. He didn’t expect that from you, after showing so much love to him and you are planning to get married to someone else. He is going to his cousin’s place in Akenzua to stay anyway. I’ve heard so much about you so I thought I should let you know. I didn’t say a word till the line went off and I felt like a bad girl at first until I started feeling what I did was wrong.  I concluded in my mind, men should be taught some lessons sometimes. 

Auntie Feza sat up concentrating on my story; she asked what now happened afterwards? I couldn’t sleep, I told Imade about what happened and she said I should go to Bunmi’s house the next day to check up on him, maybe after work. I should tell him what I saw on his computer and let him know I just fabricated the invitation card. If a man can break down for you, he really loves you. By 6 am I was out of my hostel to Bunmi’s house, I would call him from his house, so he would come back home and meet me and I’ll appeal to his person. I opened the gate and entered the compound. I saw his car and pity came upon me meaning he cannot even drive. I sat at the stairs and dialed his number which to my surprise was ringing inside the house. 

Shit, he left his phone at home, which means my walk to his house was in vain. I was about ending the call when he just picked. I stepped away from the building as I heard his voice. He sounded down again and continued baby what have I done to deserve this? I asked him where he was, and he told me he had to go to his cousin’s place to sleep because he has lost composure. I told him to open his door. Bunmi I’m calling from your door and I can hear your voice inside. He ended the call and in thirty seconds the front door was opened. Yes what do you want? What’s the meaning of the question? I pushed Bunmi aside and walked into the house to check who was there and I saw Imade’s roommate sleeping on the couch in the sitting room. So Justina is the girl that called me yesterday and she is the person causing me all these problems. I slapped her into waking up as she screamed from her dream.

 I was expecting Bunmi to come inside to explain this all thing but he didn’t. I was about pounding on her but I felt I should tell her roommate (Imade) so I picked up my phone to call her and to my surprise it rang inside Bunmi’s room. I walked toward Bunmi’s door and slowly opened it. Praying to God Imade shouldn’t be there and all should just be an assumption but reality stood in front of me as my very good friend sat on my Bunmi’s bed and greeted me good morning. What are you doing here I asked? I should be asking you that she said. Can’t you understand if a man doesn’t feel you any longer? I removed my slippers and stoned her on the bed. I was running into the bathroom to carry bucket and pour water on her but the used condoms on the floor slipped me and I fell on my head, I was in the hospital for the next two months. Auntie Feza’s scream of Jesus! Called my mum’s attention and we told her it was the intensity of our gist that caused the scream. Mummy there is no problem we said and she left. Auntie, that’s why I had an extra year in school, Men are wicked so much that Bunmi didn’t call one day to check on me.  Imade stayed with me all through and begged me so well. I’ve not forgiven her till today but she’s not aware.

Dr Osahon was wonderful keeping my health as a priority to him. He’s always there to check on me, paid for some drugs, facilitated my discharge and helped me get my mind back. He encouraged me believing in myself and he introduced me to Christ embassy. Edo boys are spoilers. Their chauvinistic potentials are enjoyable only in the beginnings if you stay too long hmmmmm. Osahon was doing his residency at the prestigious university of Benin teaching hospital and he is a brilliant guy but he is too traditional and the first day in his family house caused the next problem. He had been on my case for seven months now. I’m really not interested in any guy’s issues again. I’ve learnt my lessons and I believe God’s time is the best, but I believed something afterwards…. God doesn't bother Himself about things like that. 

One significant thing I have learned this period is when to let go.  In the past, I would hold on to relationships, friendships and other things way past their expiration dates.  Over this past year, I have learned that some things are worth fighting for and some things are not.  Some things are worth having a discussion about and some things are not.

 Change is a difficult thing, especially for me.  But I am learning to embrace it, one step at a time. Osahon’s sister sat me down and told me to gist her how I met her brother. Immediately Bunmi’s memories struck me again as the back door opened and the sight I saw was …………….

7 comments:

  1. tope louis:
    friends are evil. me i dont have friends o

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can enter your comments here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin:
    Infotaining blog, great stories, real life lessons. Thumbs up Mr. Oluwole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dis life is cruel...Trust nobody.....thumbs up Mr Oluwole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm more power to ur elbow o big bros

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you mean chivalristic rather than chauvinistic, when you were writing about Dr. Osahon. Other than that, good work!

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...