Monday 6 January 2014

THE GIFT AND THE GIVER PART 1




All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. And where I work eating is like playing. My boss love to work. He would nearly crucify for receiving a call and everyone of them chant in my ears every day, “I need to marry”. It’s 4 pm and I’m fully exhausted. I need a plate of food else I’ll faint in the next couple of minutes. I struggled to a continental restaurant to depict the value of where I work. I walked in and asked for the normal fried rice and snail. And in waiting for it; I got a cup of orange juice to step up my appetite. It’s ten minutes, then I suspected it was alacarte. With hunger reduced I waited as I played with my phone.

It was the third time she asked before I heard. It seems I was sleeping only while waiting. I replied yeah you can join me as she sat down. She was beautiful without a blemish and I questioned myself why she had to come to my table when there were extra chairs in some other places. She later told me she doesn't like eating alone and she just needed a company. 

Hi, my name is Fred and I’m Marian she replied. The first thing that came to my mind was my wallet. This means I’m paying for two. How would you walk into a restaurant looking for company? Don’t you have friends you may bring along? She must be a player I thought, but notwithstanding I’ll play along. We were served the same time and I was surprised at who told them what she wanted to eat. I later discovered she had called to order for her food before she came. Coincidentally we were having the same thing. She dipped her hand inside her bag and asked the server for the bill. She whispered to her and she paid for both our meals. At this point my perception changed. 
MARIAN'S APARTMENT


I opposed her paying, trying to fight my wallet out of my pocket but she just gave a pat and said don’t worry you’ll still pay many. We both laughed but that kept on ringing in my head. The meal took a while and I couldn’t order for extra rice because of her. When we were done we both walked outside and pressing the remote the light blinked in a range rover sport, then a new perception was created again. I walked her to the car and saw her open the door; she hopped in and gave me her card. Fred, please call me when you are done cleaning up your table in the office. 

I got to the office and the sight of my boss made me know something was wrong. I had gone out with his official vehicle in the name of marketing and I forgot it was already 5.30pm. He was fuming but I wasn’t scared. I drove in and walked to him. He started shouting and calling fire and brimstones to consume me; calling me all sorts of names. When he was done, he now asked me what happened and I told him I was with I was Danjuma Marian, she seems to be interested in our products. The scene changed when my boss heard the name. He was most surprised when he saw the complementary card and the story became ………………… that’s the problem I have with you. You don’t know how to express yourself so well. Immediately you came back you should have been dancing and next time don’t wait for me to ask before you say it. I nodded yes as we left the car park with a smile. 

But sir I called his attention, I should need a car because she said she would be inviting me to a gathering today where I may meet other prospective buyers and investors. My boss seems more interested. He called for the office Toyota Prado. Even though it was branded I didn’t mind. With an extra fifty thousand in my pocket, I was good to go. I called her when I got home and she described her house. It wasn’t going to be difficult to locate but that didn’t matter. I was just wondering if she stayed alone or with her parents. 

The exclusive apartment was the pent house of Humpy’s. A five star apartment meant for the royals alone. My car was scanned a couple of time and I had to put a call across to her before I was permitted into the apartment. My cologne was reactivated just before I stepped out of my car, and with my hair nicely combed with a check T-shirt on a blue jean; I knew I was presentable. It was the 11th floor and the elevator was the best reflection of the apartment. It was finer than my house. It took like eight seconds to get there and the apartment faced the door of the elevator. As I approached, the door opened into a lobby and a girl walked up to me. Good evening sir…. Are you Mr Fred? I said yes. She continued I’m Stella; Miss Marian’s head of protocol, you’re welcome to her apartment. 

I looked within and asked where my father was when this girl’s father was making money. Even the head of protocol was more beautiful than all the girlfriends I’ve ever had. When I eventually entered into the living room hmmmmm it was paradise. She walked towards me with her hands wide open for a hug which I willingly gave but with a kiss following I was slow but couldn’t deny her. She introduced me as her boyfriend and fiancĂ©e kind of thing. All the friends stood up to give a hug and suddenly I discovered I was the only guy in the midst of six ladies. But wait; how cheap could I be; to be bought for just one plate of food. I was confused for a while but I excused myself to the balcony to call my muse. Her name is Rachel Nando…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...