Monday 14 October 2013

EX GIRLFRIEND PART 4




I didn’t understand thus I asked myself, could Charlene be a guy. The first intuition was how Johnson could be gay. He doesn't look it, nor act it. I marked the message unread and dropped the phone. I became very uncomfortable after having my bath. I dressed up in a hurry and I woke him up.  I needed an explanation. 

Sluggishly he sat up on the bed as I showed him the text message on his phone. He started with a hiss and a nag like comment. Why are you acting uncivilized? What are you checking my phone? He continued the questioning till a point I started seeing reasons with him. I made a mistake. I was about apologizing when I realized Charlene called him brother. How come the girl called you brother? He acted not interested in what I was saying……… I left and regretted all I had enjoyed the previous night.

I didn’t understand any longer? How can a girl who was begging to be with him, suddenly become interested in if he had sex with me. I got undressed as I knew I’ve missed my house. And my phone rang. The number was unfamiliar thus I didn’t want to pick. I wasn’t also in a very good mood. But the ringing was disturbing. I picked and sarcastically said hello. On the other side I heard: my name is Charlene and nobody comes close to my Johnson. You might have had him for the weekend but I promise you I would get him back. I kept my mute and heard the lovely voice of Charlene boast on her womanhood for close to three minutes on the phone. I was joggling up an attack for her miserable life, but the idiot ended the call. I was tempted to call her back but I wasn’t sure I was ready for a fight. I called Johnson instead to report his ex girlfriend’s act and to my greatest surprise she picked. 

Charlene: I told you I would get Johnson back…….. You can call back though, he’s in the bathroom.
I couldn’t take this shit. Don’t know what to do, how to behave and what not to do. A part of me wanted to rush back to Johnson’s house but I wasn’t sure I wanted a confrontation with that idiot called Charlene. I followed the voice that said I should go though and in twenty minutes I was at his door. I walked inside and saw Johnson still sleeping. I saw his phone at the same spot he dropped it. I walked around the house looking for the Charlene but didn’t find her. I guess she had gone. The slams of the door woke Johnson up and I narrated what happened to him. He picked up his phone and checked his calls register and there was no call from me. I put my hand inside my pocket to show him from my phone, and then I discovered I left my phone at home while hurrying. 

Something was wrong I know but can’t explain it. I politely was leaving his house as he hurriedly rushed outside; got his car keys and said let’s go to your house. I wanna check your call registers also. It was a solemn drive home, with no one talking to the other. I was so sure of what happened but now it seems I’m exposing the foolishness that lies within me. 

I opened the door and walked into my room. I saw two missed calls on my phone and that was my mum. Apart from her I hadn’t made any call that morning nor received a call. Then I knew something was wrong. Johnson sat me down and asked me what was wrong. I tried telling him again but there is no proof. 

Johnson: the other day you told me to tell you about my previous experiences with ladies and that was what led to the whole Charlene story. Now I feel you are just imagining stuffs and the picture is gluing to your memory. He held me in confidence one more time and told me baby we are good.  That was the point I lost it again. 

From that day onwards Charlene was a picture I really could not take off my mind. I stored three numbers on my phone with Charlene, because she has called with those numbers many times. I was loosing it at work and it was becoming obvious. I became a jealous lover, very careful for my Johnson and all attributes sends messages across that I am fighting my way into a relationship with a third party. 

I walked into my cubicle at NOA looking depressed and one of my colleagues (Noma) walked up to me and said: Lucia, lately you’ve been looking depressed.  What happened? I narrated the story to her and she felt my pains. I needed the empathy she gave and reassurance that nothing good comes easy. So what is the number of the Charlene let me call her from my phone she said? I gave Noma the numbers and she checked her phone to confirm she still had credit on her phone but it had finished. I hurriedly brought out money to top up her phone and when she dialed the first number it showed a name on her phone as Joshua…….. This is Joshua’s number she said, and I was surprised it when a guy picked the call, and said big sister what’s up. I told her to end the call which she did. I dialed the same number on my phone and a girl picked up the phone. It wasn’t clear until Noma spoke to the person and said: Joshua, what are you doing? Joshua changed his voice and said big sis…… yes; she answered.  Joshua said fuck up and the call ended. Then I got a little cleared on what was happening.

We planned on what to do. Noma called Joshua to come to the office. I called Johnson also forming emergency. He knew his way to my office and when he entered hews surprised to see Joshua seated on a chair next to me. I stood up with a smile and introduced them. Johnson, meet Charlene. He was shocked and ……….

1 comment:

  1. It was cool when we woke up to ur stories, now noone cares cos u take forever to upload them....

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...