Tuesday 28 January 2014

POLYGAMY PART 3




The Ojekunle’s family accepted me with all happiness. There was always this look of heaven sent whenever I met an uncle or aunt. I thought I was the happy person; but I discovered the family was happier than me. They have always prayed for Rotimi into meting a good woman and suddenly I fell into that position. I loved them too and one thing I was sure of was; I was gone from that terror mansion I grew up from. 

With Lois starting crèche today I knew for the first time I would be having some relief. Even when Lena is in school; Lois wouldn’t let you sleep else she is sleeping. I thought I was going to build my home with domestic aids but Rotimi didn’t permit that. I had to do all the work myself. But he helps sometimes though. Now the bags were packed and all set for school. Their father was dropping them off but I would go and pick them when it’s time for closing. I kissed my daughters and wished them a lovely day in school as I helped them into the back seat. I could imagine the stress their dad would through this short while he was dropping them off. As I watched the car drive out of the gate I started feeling lonely. 

My daughters had become my life. I could see who they would become when they grow. I gave them all the love I never had. There was no exposure to hatred or tribalism inside the same house. They were best of sisters to themselves and lastly they were brought up in the way of the Lord. I walked into my room to arrange what the room always becomes after Rotimi dresses. A normal routine when my husband goes to work. From packing the clothes hung on the wardrobe to the arrangement of shoes etc. it was in the process that I discovered a phone in my husband’s suit pocket. I knew he would be coming back home. He can’t go to work leaving his phone at home but to my surprise it wasn’t his phone. Where did he get a phone from I wondered?

The phone beeped for low battery and at this moment I started scrutinizing the contents of the phone. From supposed trips that were lie to meetings that never existed. Many revelations came from the content of the phone. It was message twenty four that got me off the hook; the scan result is out and the doctor said he’s a boy. I know he’ll look exactly like you. 

I rushed to my phone to dial the number of the idiot that sent this message to my husband and start that war that will stop any other woman from joining me in this house. What I ran away from in my father’s house is becoming of me in my husband’s house. I won’t permit it. I was praying and cursing whoever was part of this. I suddenly could not locate my phone in the house. I always forget where I kept it based on the children. Most times I hide it and this time around it was in the kitchen. After a while I got to see it. 

Settling down in the sitting room I slowly got the number out and pressed the dial button on my phone and the name it showed was Nosa Ighiehon………………………………….. my best friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...