Wednesday 4 December 2013

A FALSE TRUTH PART 5



Its three days since the whole exposure of falsehood between the two people who have been married for over 20 years now calling themselves husband and wife started. The house was cold from loosing a child to the realities of two uncles helping my dad out with his responsibilities as a man. What did I call him? Is he really my dad? It means I have no dad. I don’t wanna think about that right now. We were all conscious of not stepping on the other person’s toe. The house was in chaos and the only person not so concerned was Tunji (my younger one). Mummy had become a prayer warrior and dad was living in solitude. Nobody dared put on the television. Worship songs were hummed as if the call for forgiveness was a long one. 

Mummy was outside on the balcony studying the bible and daddy was inside his room. I just woke up from a sleep. It was as if my brother was still alive. I was scared to close my eyes again but I wouldn’t tell anyone. I heard a car drive in and discovered it was my dad’s younger sister. Auntie Bisi is the most emotional auntie I have and with her in the house I knew it was tears all the way. She greeted my mum and started her session of cry. I came out to greet her and hold her but she would not accept any apology. We were all petting her as if she was directly affected. Her husband seems to be expecting that reaction because he appeared not so bothered. 

With all these activities going on in the sitting room; my dad didn’t come out. I was just wondering what he thought he was doing inside the room. Hiding from the reality of him not man enough to handle situations in his family? I wish I wasn’t born into this family. 

Auntie Bisi asked after him and I said he is in his room. She dragged her feet into the room to greet her brother. Nobody mentioned to her the drama that followed the confession from a prostitute called mummy. She was to go inside and get to know herself. Auntie Bisi’s husband had been begging mummy not to cry again but tears are forever rolling in her eyes. She wasn’t crying for the loss of her child alone; she was also in pains for the wrongs she had done in time past. 


With the loudest scream I have ever heard, we rushed inside to check what could make auntie scream like that. Even neighbour came and to our surprise it was a lifeless body of my mummy’s husband inside the room. How he killed himself no one knew until we saw:
I have lived my life in a way I’m not pleased. I have wronged everyone close to me including myself. Regrets shine on my face like I’m a prototype of failure. Imaginations of how erroneous I’ve been cannot permit one more day for me. My wife’s confession cannot guarantee our living together. Sincerely I feel naked. The knowledge of my wife being a subject of every neighbour’s manhood is so disturbing. A jewel I loved and lived for; our courtship was difficult as I had to overcome the burden of distance, but I was determined to make her my wife and the father of my children. Those I ended up not having. Set of kids who have lost their real sense of who their father is. I never saw myself being a foster father to my supposed children, with my dear AFOKE I was. The reigns of her pride made a decision for me. I ventured into survival by any means. Borrowing money from my wife’s boyfriend who was also her driver wasn’t a sight I could behold. I did everything possible to be a man and that led to selling my soul to the devil. I need to apologize to everyone who would read this after my demise and feel bad. But I did the right thing. To my lovely children still alive ATINUKE and TUNJI…. Stay connected to your mother and find a place to forgive her also. I am very far from having finished completely but the rest would be attended to. Lastly AFOKE, I still have the feelings like the first day we started but what was introduced was infidelity. You might have your reasons but for the sake of forgiveness I’ll stay away. Goodbye till we meet again

Loosing two people in one week seems mysterious but more is about to come. It became unexplainable. People were gushing into the house. I felt a part of me left my side and hope it wasn’t my brother that called my father. My mum walked to the place the poison was kept and said Ehime, you took it on the long run. This means mum was aware. Auntie Bisi can’t stop crying. Thanks to her husband who helped in taking care of the corpse. Subconsciously we were waiting for the next person. 

Because it was the death of an adult, family members were invited. It wasn’t like that of my brother and there lies the next stage of conflict. People I never knew were my family members started showing love like they really loved my father. When they heard of my mum’s infidelity; they made the next move. She needs to leave our brother’s house with these bastards. Words from uncle Ben.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...