Wednesday 2 October 2013

MOTHER IN LAW PART 9



 
LAUGH IT OFF
I needed to tell my husband where I was going to. It was also Betty that reminded me of a wedding ceremony I could use as an excuse to leave the house. I called Patrick since he has been to the house in straight three days that I would be going for a wedding ceremony and would be there for three days. He willingly granted my request and I could feel the hatred in his voice. The trip was supposedly long trip, but every meter we covered, I knew I was close to my deliverance.

 Three states was the distance we needed to cover before getting to Ogun state and Ijebu ode was a popular place in the state. The herbalist’s house was a well finished bungalow with a fountain. But the statues inside the compound are the only scary things. We walked into a well furnished living room with a flat screen TV and DSTV. 

I was getting a little more surprised on how this enlightened person can be an herbalist. It took a while before he came out and amazingly he was using a Sony Eriksson P900i. He greeted in English before my friend’s secretary started the explanation. He asked for fifty bucks and said I should talk to the oracle. He poured the oracle on the leather sheet on the table, and started touching it like he was checking the coordinates. 

He spoke to a small carving beside him and told me the full story of what I was going through and how it happened. He said my mother in-law is in charge of all these. That before the end of the month, my husband would drive me out of the house and remarry. 

He commanded me to touch the oracle and tap my forehead three times. He asked for their names and said we should go. No powder, no charm, nothing, he just told us to go. But he gave a very great warning.

Baba: when next you see your mother in law keep looking straight into her eyes. We greeted him and left. We promised to return when things go right. I didn’t believe him. how can one travel all the way from Abuja to solve a problem and all he collected was fifty bucks. Secondly there was nothing to show we had done something. 

I persuaded Betty and her secretary that we should check another person. On our way to the new place my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I picked and the voice wasn’t familiar. He introduced himself as the man we just left. That we shouldn’t go anywhere else…….. I felt some chill run through my body. How did he know what we were planning? There I believed him.

I stayed the next two days in a lovely hotel I Lagos and the third I flew back with Betty to Abuja. I went straight to my mother in law’s house and I saw Patrick there. Immediately I opened the gate, he ran to welcome me. 

Patrick: baby I missed you, you stayed too long. He gave a deep kiss like the one of wedding’s day and I pet him also. I knew Baba ha activated the ogbundugbudu. I walked into the house and asked where mama was. She was in the bathroom thus I waited for her to finish. Patrick was in a hurry that we should go home. He was actively in love and horny I guess. I slowed him down and as mama came outside I looked into her eyes and then she ……..

3 comments:

  1. She what na???
    We'll wait d whole of tomorrow n nxt for the nxt story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting but too short, would appreciate if you could make it more lengthy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad..except for the typo errors&yoruba english(and I pet him also)...*shudders*

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...