Wednesday 2 October 2013

MOTHER IN LAW PART 10




AND HIS BIRTHDAY IS 4TH OF OCTOBER

She wore a dark sunglasses. I told mama I loved her glasses; asking her where she got it from. I walked closer to check the brand on it and jokingly I pulled the glasses to check the authenticity with a smile of “mama you are too much”. As I removed the glasses mama closed her eyes all through, then I knew there was problem. I now cannot see the eyes I was told to look inside. I replaced mama’s glasses and decided I’ll call the Ijebu father, to tell him about the new development. 

The drive home was splendid and loving. Patrick bought ice cream for me; a habit he had soon lost. I was happy but a little bit guilty. I felt like telling him how far I’ve gone to restore this marriage, but something kept telling me I shouldn’t do that. That night was better than our wedding night, it was a great reunion. 

The next morning I told Betty about the development, and we called Ijebu father together. I narrated the whole incidence and how she closed her eyes. The man now told me that, mama was told not to look into my eyes; else the juju they gave her would expire. Thus he just told me what to do to neutralize, but now he wants to neutralize it from his place. 

He called back after a while and told me to buy a white cock and give mama. I hurriedly went to Utako market to purchase the sacrificial cock, and drove to mama’s place. On getting there she was planning to go out. She hurriedly wore her shades again as I greeted her. She said she is going to the hospital for checkup. What happened mama? She said: doctor told her not to be eating chicken again, and she did, so she’s feeling a little down. How would I now give chicken to her after complains she has given. I walked her to the car and waved as she left.

I and my husband were getting back but a re-occurrence would be worse than this. I got home that night with the chicken and gave the security men to kill and share it. When I entered the house; Patrick was sleeping and I wondered if this young man would know the battle being fought because of him? I woke him up after a while and discovered Patrick wasn’t moving. I tapped him more and more until it became done on me he wasn’t moving. I touched his palm and legs and it felt cold. I didn’t want to think and shout. I rushed to the kitchen and brought a bowl of water; sprinkled it on him and nothing changed. At this point I have started crying. I called Baba immediately to report the situation. He said I should put my mouth in his ears and shout his name. I tried the first time it didn’t work. It only called the attention of the securities. The second time was louder and with a push, he woke up from the deep sleep shouting mama why now. I gave him some water to drink and pet him.

He asked why I was crying but I couldn’t talk. I begged him to rest as he narrated his dream to me. He had a confrontation with mama in his sleep. Mama was forcing him to marry another girl saying, I was a witch. He did not agree though. Immediately he finished, mama called my phone……. Hello mama, hello my daughter. Please tell Patrick to go back to sleep I want to talk to him. I felt I didn’t hear what she said before. I asked her again what she said, and she repeated it. I held the phone away from my ear and told Patrick mama said you should go back to sleep she wants to talk to you, and the idiot was about laying on the couch to sleep again. That was when I brought to bucket of water.

Which sleep? You will never sleep in Jesus name. My first vigil was kept that night with two slaps. With the help of the securities, he couldn’t bruise me. When it was dawn around 6 am; a car horn was pressing at the gate, so I sent one of our securities to check who was there. Stupidly he came back with the person and to my surprise it was Baba. He came to calm Patrick’s nerves. That was the beginning of the end. When Baba entered he shut me up with his fingers and put out a rod to touch Patrick. Suddenly all his nerves became calm. He washed his face with some kind of water and he came back to his senses. As Baba was explaining the whole situation to him; I heard a bang at the gate. When the security man opened it, mama was coming with so much fury and Baba laughed ………. Then

9 comments:

  1. Suspense of life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is interesting but very hard to believe. Lol.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used to update your series faster than now. Please don't kill people with suspense,post part 11 fast abeg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y is it taking too long to post d part 11.. Pls be fast b4 I die in suspense. Dis is d climax of d story and αm more interested in it dan eva.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It gets boring when d wait is too long

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm na wa oh. The truth is that all of this is temporary and the only final solution is God Almight the creator of heaven and earth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The suspense is much n d wait too......making one lose interest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unserious blogger, last post wednesday....#smh

    ReplyDelete

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...