Friday 20 September 2013

PAINS AND GAINS PART 5





Mrs Pamela Anthony came into my life also, from a reply to my bulk mails I’ve always sent. She was an old woman who needed to be loved again, thus I presented myself as a widower who needed love too. I wasn’t a Nigerian but an African and she was a Canadian. Progressively, our love got impressive. We chatted all night, saying erotic things and turning ourselves on. We sent voice messages on yahoo messenger, and did nude pictures sometimes, to expose the level of our commitment to ourselves.  Honestly; only distance was the problem. 

Pamela told me she needed to meet a Nigerian. I was shocked when she said that. I asked what she wanted to do with a Nigerian and she sent me a mail. She said there is a truth about her she has never told me. That night we chatted for over two hours at a stretch.  We talked about her family and her late husband. She said she needs someone who can come to Canada and invest some money. She said she has an inheritance grant that is huge and she is choosing a Nigerian because they are the most desperate and conclusive. A Nigerian can get anything done at any cost. She didn’t disclose the amount anyway but I was fully interested. She said she wants to transfer the inheritance grants into the business. That is the major reasons she is looking for a husband. I tried to figure everything out as I browsed to confirm there was something called inheritance grant, or was her husband the real Mr Anthony of Canada. 

The man had been a very wealthy man with estates spread across the country. In his testament, he had asked for his wife’s denial from all his property, until she has started showing a sense of being responsible. I was amazed by the man’s request and I knew at a point white men can be stupid. My arrangements changed and I started planning on how to invest money in Canada. My love for Pamela intensified this period, and all I was looking at was getting money from my other clients to make the best living to come in Canada. 

We agreed we are going into real estate also, and agriculture, thus we registered a company online. We worked out the intricacies of success in the business, and we argued we don’t need a business consultant. We worked out everything on our own. Pamela is a meticulous person; if you don’t greet her in the morning, she gets furious. If you don’t pick your calls, you have to explain. I was just coping with all these because I know it would soon be over. We agreed we needed sixteen thousand Canadian dollars to get the investment on the row. 

The week after the company’s registration I chose to tell Pamela the truth. One faithful evening I called her and told her the truth about myself. I confessed being a Nigerian and told her based on the hardship, I scam people for a living. I told her I wasn’t supposed to tell her the truth, but with the feelings I’ve grown for her in these last three weeks, I cannot but just tell her the truth. She cried and cried for up to two weeks and said it was going to be very hard to build trust in me again. I convinced and apologized to her, and afterwards she accepted. She told me to stop doing the work, and said we should live a normal life together. She asked how many people I have scammed, and I obviously reduced the number. I intensified my scam works and payments were coming in. it was three months with Pamela now, and I’ve hit the target of sixteen thousand Canadian dollar but I need to make extra cash for myself before travelling. Now I knew Pamela inside out. I knew where she stayed, knew her neighbours and her staff. She was a real part of me. Our talks ranged from the best sex she has ever had, to the fact she can’t stay without sex for long when she’s in a relationship. I started giving  her orders from Nigeria. She sent her measurements for me to make native wears for her which I did.  I had made almost three thousand dollars extra and now it was turn for me to come to Canada. 

It wasn’t easy selling off my things in Benin. The prices were not impressive at all. She had also gotten a property for me in Ontario which I could buy. The purchase would have been reasonable before I travel or I should just initiate it. I sent the first part of the money to Pamela which was eight thousand Canadian dollars. She sent to me the papers and actualization receipt. I went to the embassy with the papers and my visa was denied because I’ve not fully paid. She reported to foreign missions department in Canada about me and they gave me another hearing. 

We both agreed to pay fully for the property so they don’t have any reason to deny me again. I sent the remaining part of the money. Then the confirmatory receipts were sent to me. I have sold everything this time; all I had left was my car. I’ve left my house and was staying with Esosa. Even Esosa doesn't know I was buying a property. In Benin; as opened as everybody is, no one tells the other what he or she is doing. I waited for two weeks to get my visa and those two weeks were the longest two weeks of my life. My tailor has finished sowing Pamela’s clothes but I didn’t collect it because I don’t want anyone questioning me. She has started the process of inheritance retrieval. We were going into a wedding and the church was aware I was coming. All was set for me to live in the life I expected. 

I had a plan. I had made up my mind on how Pamela would die. I would inherit everything and change my name. All plans were on point as I closed the accounts I didn’t need. 

The text message read three weeks, thus I went to the embassy to collect my passport.  Collection was in the afternoon so I had to wait. Lagos is full of traffic hold up, but I didn’t mind every time I made the trip. It was a trip to somewhere. When I finally got the visa; I was given a multiple entry visa for five years. I called Pamela immediately to tell her, and she screamed on the phone. I was scared for her. Hope her neighbours didn’t report her for disturbance? She couldn’t hide her happiness. I left Lagos for Benin that day to sell my car, buy my ticket and finish up what could be done. When I settled at home I picked my phone and called Pamela and to my surprise a guy picked the phone and told me: congratulations and welcome to Canada in a short while. Guy I be Benin boy no worry yourself. Then I knew the scammer have been scammed. I fell on the bed and ………….

2 comments:

please write your name after comment

MY JAPA- STORY EPISODE 2

Ahmed and Awa dared to dream beyond their familiar streets, in the heart of Kano, wedged between the bustling Bompai Road and vibrant Kofar ...